1. How to convert Vietnamese fonts? There are
several ways to convert Vietnamese fonts. You can do it online
using softwares such as Unikey, Vietkey, Vietspell... Recommended
2. Which font is suitable for translation?
client's request but Unicode font (UTF-8) is the best choice in our
HIGHLIGHTS Machine Translation for Vietnamese? Why unacceptable?
Technical problems with Vietnamese translators?
Tools & Resources for Translators
Support for CAT technical problems, FAQ...?
3. Which CAT Tool should be used? It's up to your
translation job. TRADOS, SDLX are more popular but Passolo, DejaVu
sometimes must be used. However, for Vietnamese language, it's
important to keep the unique font system! Never use >2 systems of
Vietnamese font in the same translation.
4. Tips for outsourcers (Eng<>Vie pair): Ask
- Turn off Autocorrect option or delete the auto-correction that
capitalizes character "i" automatically. Capitalized "I" is almost
not used in Vietnamese except in whole capitalized word.
- Use specific system of Vietnamese font (especially for Unicode
font, you can not identify visually whether if it is UTF-8 Unicode
font or Vietnamese Local CP 1258 font and it will become your
nightmare for publishing work).
Determining font system will depend on
client's usage (for Webpage, publishing work, localization...) as well
as utilization of your CAT Tools.
- Check the final translation by natives if you believe that font